1) How long have you been modeling?
Since approximately 1955
2) How long have you been a TCAH member?
Since 1993 or 1994.
3) What was the first model that you built, and what do you remember most about it?
A Comet F9F Couger. I think it had 6 pieces with the pilot figure molded into each half of the fuselage. My dad got it for me at the local Hardware store which had a section for models and supplies.
4) What was the last model that you built? What do you remember most about it?
A Wingnut Wings Fokker DVII
5) Do you have a theme (or themes) to your modeling collection?
Right now it is WWI, but I have done about anything that was in kit form at one point or another to include the Beatles, Dr. Seuss Characters, Bachman Birds of the world, ships, cars, trucks, armor, Star Trek and Universal Monsters, to name a few.
6) What's your favorite aircraft and why?
I go through periods of having favourite airplanes. At one time it was the Corsair, another it was the B-29, another the Stratocruiser/C-97, another the Avenger: right now it is probably the Fokker DVII.
7) What has been your favorite kit or model that you've built? Why?
The Wingnut Wings Pfalz DXII. It went together very smoothly, the decals were the "Cookie Cutter" variety for the Lozenge, it is Colorfully marked and there is a host of colourful markings for it, easy to rig, has nice lines and I saw a real one at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra; but then the Heller Victory in 1/100 scale was quite a challenge and rewarding.
8) How many kits have you built?
Over 1000 easily.
9) How many un-built kits do you have?
I have whittled my stash down to about 100 or so.
10) Is there anything else you'd like us to know?
I am married to Claire DaRe’, have one son who also likes to build models and I have an 18 year old cat!
11) What other hobbies do you have?
In the summer months I ride my motorcycle as often as I can, I play the Hammond Organ, reading history and historical novels, and I enjoy a good dark beer or a good single malt scotch with a cigar.